Friday, March 6, 2009

I Won't Be Left Behind

I run my fastest
But still get beat.
I land on my head
When i should be on my feet.
I try to move forward,
But i am stuck in rewind.
Why do i keep at it?
I won't be left behind.
The harder i am thrown,
The higher i bounce.
I give it my all,
And that's all that counts.
In first place,
Myself,i seldom find.
So i push to the limit-
I won't be left behind.
Some people tell me you can't,
Some say don't.
Some simply give up.
I reply,i won't.
The power is here,
Locked away in my mind.
My perseverance is my excellence,
I won't be left behind.
Make the best of each moment,
The future is soon the past.
The more i tell myself this,
The less i come in last.
Throughout my competitions,
I've learned what winning is about.
A plain and clear lesson-
Giving up is the easy way out.
So every night before i go to bed,
I hope in a small way i have shined.
Tomorrow is a brand-new day,
And i won't be left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment